Self Management vs. Time Management
Are you aware of the difference between self management vs. time management?
There is a difference between the self management and time management….you can not manage your time – however, your time can manage you, if you don’t manage yourself.
Everything we do is a choice – this is why our productivity (or lack of it) is all about self management. Every day we decide:
- When we will get up in the morning
- Whether we overbook our schedule
- Whether we choose to be happy or not
One of the biggest reasons that I feel cause a lack of self management are:
- Overthinking the obvious
- Creating drama where there should not be drama
- Thinking that everything needs to be our problem (when it isn’t something that we can fix)
The best ways that I found to manage myself is to:
- Consider the risks then make a decision – stop second doubting yourself
- Remember this quote, “not my circus…not my monkey”
- Work from a schedule that allows down time for me
- Plan ahead (this has been really helpful with my new food planning)
- Keep your organizing systems simple and allow your family to help
I implement all of these ways to help me manage myself to make sure that I don’t run out of time!
Want help developing your self management skills? Give me a call for a Free Consultation…540-220-5912