What To Do Next
I have found myself wondering… what to do next. There just seems to be so much to do and not enough time to get it done. And…I’m in the Organizing profession. Everyone expects me to be super-organized!
This is exactly what I wanted! Multiple streams of revenue, time with family, strong business relationships and time for me (yup…me)! And, yet, embracing it seems difficult at times.
Organization Direct launched 7 years and 1 month ago. Wow. It has been an amazing ride. I have invested lots of time, effort and energy (and some $$$ too) into building my business. And I am so Blessed. Everything that I have worked so hard for is coming true.
So why is it scary! I think that this is why businesses actually fail. Stepping out of our own way and allowing success to happen can be pretty scary sometimes. This is why I found this article in Forbes.com to be so helpful.
Because our thoughts allow it to be scary! Being mentally strong is an important part of running a business. I recently shared an article that I found in Entrepreneur.com about the “13 Things that a Mentally Strong Person Should Avoid”.
I really resonated with a few of the topics. I remember “being” this person, back when I started Organization Direct. Maybe this is why all of my goals are coming true…I “used” to be this person. I’m not any more.
Can you relate to any of this?
- Waste Time Feeling Sorry for Yourself?
- Give Away Your Power (I have been guilty of this before)
- Shy away from Change – I have a funny story about this
- Waste Energy on Things You Can’t Control?
- Worry about Pleasing Others?
The above comments made the top 5 on the List of Mentally Strong People: The 13 Things they Avoid.
Here is my take on these comments:
- Do you spend time feeling sorry for yourself and ask…”Why me?” What I know is that when you hoist yourself up by the bootstraps, and stop feeling sorry for yourself, magic happens. Your entire attitude will change.
- Learning not to give away your power comes when you are, without a doubt, secure in your business. I enjoy listening to others comments and suggestions. But, I never give away my power to what I believe is right.
- Change is Hard. Embracing change can change a business. I remember my business coach telling me, ”Linda, this is where, I believe, you will find your target market”. Stubborn me…after 2 years, I am continually telling her that she was right. For me to realize that she was correct meant that I had to change.
- There are a lot of daily “things” in life that we can’t control. So get out of your own way and move on!
- Not everyone will agree with your thoughts and/or comments. That’s ok! They get to have their opinion too.
The answer to the question, “What to do next” is easy. I’ll keep moving forward. I’ll think positive thoughts every day. I’ll wake up with the attitude that anything is possible and it is up to me. And, lastly, everything is a choice. How I prioritize, how I manage time, whether I reach my goals and how I chose to live my life.
I love asking myself, “What to do next”. Because this means that there is a “next”. #feelingblessed.